Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Beating Deep Inside... by Nathaniel Adam Briggs - Heart Complaint

beating deep inside me
lays an empty heart with you gone
now only with memory
i must go on


i remember every embrace
and every smile that lit up your face
not one moment goes by
without you


so many days have lingered on
with only me singing you this song
hoping you would come to see
what you mean to me


no matter if i say i do
i know you're gone and we're through
still my heart calls for you
it's true


does the heart lie or is it dumb
or just something that misses someone
can you tell me baby
what to see


tell my heart we are through
tell it that it means not to you
cant you see who i am
a loving man


still no words can i combine
even though i still seek to find
to define what you meant to me
all of me


never will this heart of mine
rest easy without you by my side
just sleepless nights abound
with you not around


by Nathaniel Adam Briggs - Heart Complaints

No comments:

Post a Comment