Tuesday, July 28, 2015

So Much Time... by Nathan Briggs - Heart Complaint

So much time has passed between us
So many things to make us furious
Yet through it all my heart still gives
And no matter what inside you'll live


While we both know that its true
I lost myself while holding onto you
Everytime you said just wait patiently
I held my breath in hopes we'd be


I dont know what to make of all this
You were the one for which I've wished
These dreams now I know wont ever be
But I wanted so badly, you and me


I dont know all about you
But I so wanted to
You became my hopes and you filled my dreams
The one who fit so perfectly


Never in my life have I slept so well,
Then next to you where ever we fell,
I whispered to the camera I'd marry you,
something I wished one day to come true,


I should have followed my heart
Back when this whole thing did start
I could say maybes all damn day
But in the end a choice you made


I think back and cant believe
All the things I did to you baby
Mend them all I know that I cant
I tried so hard and you know that


I wish the scars that we both share
Weren't from the pain we both did bear
Take it all away I'd die to do
And by now you must know it's true...


I remember every embrace,
I recall all the smiles upon your face,
I can see the way you'd look at me,
So many memories go on endlessly...



I felt so sure that I'd found the one... But what was once...is now..undone... 

by Nathan Briggs - Heart Complaints

No comments:

Post a Comment